Federal Laws Almost Every Business Encounters

Employer Identification Number (EIN or SSN)

Employers with employees, business partnerships, and corporations, must obtain an Employer Identification Number from the I.R.S. Businesses can obtain appropriate Federal income tax forms from this location.

agency note: 

U.S. Department of Treasury
Internal Revenue Service
801 W. Civic Center Drive
Santa Ana, CA 92701
Phone: 714-347-9204

Alternate location for South Orange County:

U.S. Department of Treasury
Internal Revenue Service
24000 Avila Rd., Room 3202, Laguna Niguel, CA 92677


Additional Office locations: http://www.irs.gov/uac/Contact-My-Local-Office-in-California


Proof of Residency Requirement

 Employees hired after November 6, 1986 must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service
Santa Ana Field Office
34 Civic Center Plaza
Santa Ana, CA 92701
Phone: 800-375-5283

Copyright Registration

 An individual may want to obtain a copyright to protect his/her interests.

U.S. Copyright Office
Library of Congress
101 Independence Ave, SE
Washington, VA, 20559
Phone: 202-707-9100


Registration of Trademarks

 An individual may want to register a trademark if it will be used or have an intention to use it in interstate commerce.

U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
600 Dulany Street
Alexandria, VA, 22314
Phone: 800-786-9199